Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Levi Leipheimer joins in unsanctioned mountain bike event despite suspension

BOULDER, Colorado (VN) — Levi Leipheimer may be down for now, but he’s not out.
The American, currently serving a six-month ban from competition for admitting to using performance-enhancing drugs during his career, was photographed Saturday in what appeared to be a mountain-bike race dubbed the Old Caz Hopper, part of California’s Grasshopper Adventure Series.
Levi Leipheimer
This brought up some concerns for the rider, who’s not allowed to race any sanctioned events, per his suspension. Leipheimer said he took part to stay fit but asked to be left off the results sheet of the event, which is unsanctioned.
“First of all, I’m sanctioned and I take that very seriously. I would never jeopardize or do anything to prolong that,” he told VeloNews Monday.
“I know that [organizer Miguel Crawford] puts the results online. I said, ‘Listen, I’m just going to ride along, I’m not going to influence the ride.’”


Levi Leipheimer joins in unsanctioned mountain bike event despite suspension

No comments:

Post a Comment